The TGA Scholarship Foundation Applications are available on the scholarship page of the website.
The Tennessee Gas Association Scholarship Foundation was established to offer assistance to academically qualified students who intend to pursue a degree at a two- or four-year accredited university, college, or technical school. Scholarships will be based on such criteria as academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, etc. The TGA Scholarship Committee is a working Committee of the Foundation and raises funds from various sources, including: annual Scholarship Tournaments, Silent Auction, business donations and individual member contributions.
ELIGIBILITY (VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ)
To be considered for the TGA Foundation Scholarship, the applicant:
• must be a dependent child of a natural gas distribution or pipeline system full-time employee who has been continuously employed for at least one year with that system, and where that system is a multiple distribution utility, works for the natural gas division of that system. The distribution system must be located within the state of Tennessee and be a member in good standing with the Tennessee Gas Association. Also, the employee and dependent child must reside within the state of Tennessee to be eligible, or;
• must be a dependent child of a Business Partner or Marketer Member company employee who has been
continuously employed for at least one year with that company. The company must be a member in good standing with the Tennessee Gas Association. Also, the employee and dependent child must reside within the state of Tennessee to be eligible.
• must be a graduating high school senior with a minimum grade point average of 2.5, or have completed the GED prior to the year applying and must meet the other eligibility criteria.
• must be accepted as a full-time student at an accredited university, college, or technical school.
• must complete pages 3-5 of the TGA Foundation Scholarship application and be postmarked by March 31.